Subject: Multia, -current, and X.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/28/1998 04:00:52
Well, I noticed that my new multia wouldn't run X with -current,
perhaps it did with 1.3.2, but that didn't netboot properly, and
I didn't really want to not run -current, anyway, so I poked around
a bit and got it working, with only a few things hard coded.

If I want to contribute the changes back, should I try to make sure
that xsrc still works on 1.3.2?  Anyway, there are a few things
that I need to unhardcode before I send-pr this.

I've noticed that the X server is pretty slow at a number of things
on the Multia (such as visual beep in an xterm -- that is one of
the most horrifying cases, taking for a full screen xterm at
1152x900, about 19 seconds to complete.)

What type of performance should I expect? (Just from a visual
perspective, I can watch an awful lot of the drawing in human
percenptable time.)

 == Roland
 == http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/