Subject: Re: One more try
To: shsrms <shsrms@erols.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/16/1998 13:16:07
On 16-Nov-98 shsrms spoke unto us all:
#  Thanks for the reply Tim,
#  I never experienced this kind of delay on the vax either.  I will try to
#  cut a couple of new disks.
#
#  the current floppy set has two disks, is there an explanation for the
#  second disk or is it just the generic kernel?
#
#  I don't see that described in the install info (the new current set of
#  floppies).

Alpha keeps getting larger and larger as we support booting from more and more
different machine types.  Eventually, 1.44MB was just too small.

Note:  I've never tried booting from a -current floppy on my alpha.. but it
works flawlessly off the old 1.3.2 floppy on the ftp site.  (except for the 100
or so fdc overruns, a "feature" of the hardware, not the OS)

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org