Subject: One more try
To: alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: shsrms <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/16/1998 14:55:39
Hello Alpha Port folks,
I am new to the alpha side, so please pardon me if I ask what sounds
like dumb questions.

How long does it take to boot a multia from floppy, is this on the order
of seconds, tens of seconds, minutes?

I have made alpha boot floppies from the CD, and from the snapshot in
current.

I made the floppies on a DOS machine, using the i386 rawrite utility.

I get thru the initial boot, see chatter on the screen, and then get
what looks like a down arrow or a cross and a single period.

I do have some experience with netbsd on a vax...I know what that boot
looks like, how long it takes, how to install there, and so on.

Thanks for any help!
bob