Subject: Re: Problem report...
To: None <dillema@huygens.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/04/1998 00:27:36
Feico Dillema writes:
> A rebuild -current again last weekend for my little alpha, and ran into
> a problem when building pppd. It produced an error like `unresolved reference

> to pcap_parse(), yylex'. It appeared there was a problem with the new
> libpcap library. In /usr/src/lib/libpcap: yacc grammer.y seems to produce
> bogus output on the alpha. I have no idea why or what's wrong, but it
> happens with both my installed yacc and the new current one. I `solved'
> the problem by using yacc on an intel machine (running -current) and
> then build libpcap again on the alpha. So it seems a bit alpha-specific.
> That's all I can figure out, hope it is of any use to you...

Try running:
	cd /usr/src/share/mk; make install
	cd /usr/src/lib/libpcap ; make clean && make && make install
after you've updated the sources in those directories.

The method in which libpcap's lex & yacc sources are parsed was modified,
but there was a window of a day or so where this wasn't working correctly.