Subject: RE: Multia (semi off-topic)
To: Nathan Straz <nate@techie.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/17/1998 08:49:01
On 17-Oct-98 Nathan Straz spoke unto us all:
# > Flee, run, escape!  Multias like to burn out and die, at which point you
# > have to replace a few chips.. After that they are solid as a rock though.
#
#  When the chips start going bad, which messages
#  should we be looking for?  Where can we get the
#  chips from?  I've started seeing some complaints
#  about the SCSI controler sending the system into
#  oblivion.

When the chips go bad.. the machine will boot, (if you are lucky) and just
wedge solid after maybe 30sec up to five minutes.  Ie: It becomes a big
paperwieght.

Not sure what the scsi errors could be....

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org