Subject: com silo overflows (PC164SX)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/20/1998 17:33:11
Whenever I dial into my ISP via a com port on my PC164SX
com1 gets lots of silo overflows.  Considering the machine
is a 533Mhz 21164PC, I find that depressing.  It should be
fast enough to keep up with a 57600 or 115200 baud line.

Looking at things, it seems that the Alpha port does not
support the softserial support that the com driver would
like to use.  I added that support and I'm getting much
better PPP rates from my 56K modem (3.6KB/s vs 1.6KB).

Sunnyvale, CA             Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message