Subject: Re: question on ROM values
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Seifert <seifert@sequent.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/04/1998 08:46:33
> are there any flags that can affect netbsd performance in any way,

Other than the console being graphics or serial I can't think
of any.  I doubt that NetBSD uses SRM for anything other than
console access once booted?

> Digital AlphaPC 164LX 533 MHz, 531MHz
> ftp still runs about 100 KB/sec, netperf -H still shows about 3
> mbits/second.

My lowly Multia/UDB ftps just over 1 MB/s in both directions,
which is approx as good as 10Mbps can do.  Getting 1/10 of
that on a significantly faster machine means something is very
wrong.  Is the network okay?  (wiring okay, not too many collisions, etc)
Can the machine at the other end keep up?

-Dave