Subject: Re: SRM console on an 164lx motherboard
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/01/1998 09:27:29
>From my notes to myself so I can remember:

    updated PC164LX from AlphaBIOS to SRM by going to

ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/v5.0/alphapc164lx/fwupdate.exe
    and

ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/v5.0/alphapc164lx/lx164srm.rom

    putting them on a DOS floppy, then using the AlphaBIOS flash update
menu
    to suck them in and reburn the flash rom.

I haven't found corresponding roms for any later version of the SRM.  If
anyone does, I'd love to know about it.

It would be especially cool if Compaq would update the SRM to support the
Adaptec 2940 at boot time.

Paul

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried yesterday to install the srm console on an 164lx which currently
> has only an AlphaBIOS console.
> I put the fwupdate.exe on an MS-DOS disk and booted into the fail-safe mode, but
> the LFU couldn't find the srm firmware file.
> And I don't have an lx164srm.rom do burn it under the AlphaBIOS.
>
> Has anyone an idea how to do that?
>
> Bernd

| Paul Anderson           Public Data Queries, Inc.    |
| pha@pdq.com             734-213-4964(W) 994-3734(H)  |