Subject: Re: Batallion package
To: None <,>
From: Ross Harvey <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/29/1998 12:17:35
> To:
> Lo there,
> I D/L'ed the 8/15 pkgsrc & went to install some games. While Batallion was
> compiling, it stopped with"
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
> As I really was just doing the games for the h*ll of it, it's not important
> to me. I was just curious if anyone knows why the compiler would have
> received an abort.

It sends that to itself when it gets an internal error. Not to worry, egcs
and an in-src-tree toolchain is coming with the next snapshot. I just built
battalion and libMesa using egcs with no compiler errors.

You can work around the problem with the released toolchains by building
without `-O'.

  -- Ross Harvey