Subject: Re: need help spec'ing out box for NetBSD/alpha
To: None <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/26/1998 16:13:26
Thor Lancelot Simon <> writes:
> If you hadn't guessed, NetBSD/alpha
> has a big bias towards headless server applications because that's all
> that A12 or NASA Ames, who fund most of the development, care about.

Because .... and because users of the port haven't contributed the
code to make X work better, etc.

NetBSD is a user-supported system.  Avalon and NASA Ames are users of
the system, and they've been bloody good about contributing to its
development.  (CMU was also bloody good about contributing to
NetBSD/alpha's development, especially since they never really used it
for much, as far as I know! 8-)

That is, of course, only my opinion, which doesn't count for much
anymore since i'm no longer the port maintainer.  8-)

Chris Demetriou - -
Plug: Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today!