Subject: need help spec'ing out box for NetBSD/alpha
To: None <>
From: Christian Kuhtz <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/25/1998 22:03:49
Hey gang:

I got $20K or so for a workstation and I'd like to spend it on an Alpha.
Catch is, I haven't dealt with DEC equipment since the (*duck*) days of the

Can someone recommend a good highend platform?  What amounts of memory
should I be looking for?  Caveats with regards to graphics boards?

Anyone willing to give me a hand spec'ing this box out?  If I can make this
happen, I'd like to get involved with NetBSD once again...  The other choice
is using a high end wintel piece of work... *sigh*

Anyone?  Thanks in advance!...

Christian Kuhtz, BellSouth Corp., Sr. Network Architect  <>
1100 Ashwood Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30338                        <>
"RSVP is dead. Long live RSVP."