Subject: Re: Working X/kernel combination
To: Ted Spradley <tsprad@spradley.tmi.net>
From: Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/10/1998 10:41:41
Ted Spradley <tsprad@spradley.tmi.net> writes:

> > I have an AlphaStation 255/233 + TGA2 (rev. 0x22). Can someone
> > suggest a kernel/userland/xland combination? -current (from the
> > 8th of august) with X from the last alpha snapshot, complains
> > on X invocation thus:
> >
> > 	Getting interface configuration (4): Device not configured
> > 	unable to get frame buffer type: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Julian.
> >
> Sorry, there doesn't seem to be much available at all for Xservers for Alphas.
>
> The two messages attached are the most recent postings on the list on that subject.

I believe the TGA2 in the AlphaStation 255/233 is a ZLXp-E1 (i.e not
E2). It only has 2Mb ram in anyevent. Near the VGA out, the card has
the letters `PGXBB-AA' which I presume is the DEC part number?.

Surely the alpha xserver works with at least one graphics card. Is there a
list about?

Cheers,
Julian.