Subject: Re: Still fiddling with xemacs
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/03/1998 07:00:54
On 03-Aug-98 Todd Vierling spoke unto us all:
#  On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Tim Rightnour wrote:
#
# : Encouraged by Ross's latest post about the --export-dynamic stuff.. I
# : decided
# : to take another wild stab at xemacs..  Still no go.. it dies in the same
# : place
# : here.
#
#  I believe alpha may need to use a CANNOT_DUMP setup.  I remember this
#  keyword, but for the life of me I don't know what it means beyond "there's
#  no information on how to undump on this platform."  8-)

Yeah.. I saw that..  I'm just wondering if it can be fixed, rather than "hacked
around"  But if it's a matter of "you just need to code a ton of stuff to make
xemacs aware of netbsd-alpha's unique elf format"  Then thats probably way
outta my leauge, and I'll just have to "CANNOT_DUMP" it and punt.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html