Subject: offtopic: looking for something beyond an axppci33
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <nick.maniscalco@alfalaval.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/21/1998 10:20:09
I am the proud owner of an axppci33 system=2E  166mhz, 64 megs of true pari=
ty=20
memory (two 32 meg 72-pin 36-bit 60ns simms, phew)=2E  Its a nice system bu=
t=20
I would like to move on to something a little more powerful=2E  I have quit=
e=20
a bit of hardware that I can spare for a new system (or replacement=20
system), scsi disks, controlers (adaptec 2940uw), an s3 virge, etc=2E=2E=2E

As always I my purchase will be limited by the funds I have available=2E  A=
ny=20
suggestions on possible mid-range systems?

I would need at least the board+cpu combo and probably a chassie and power=20
supply as well=2E=2E=2E

I have heard good things about the XL300's but I havn't found much info on=20
their prices=2E

Any help or suggestions here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nick