Subject: Unable to boot -current
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/11/1998 18:23:20
Well, i downloaded the latest alpha snapshot and it boots
fine. When i build a new kernel using -current source tree
it builds fine, but when i try to boot it, it loads up through
the whirlygig netbsd load, then the screen flickers, and it
dumps back to the SRM. Has work been done since the snapshot
on the display? If so, that might be where the problem is, as
i get NO info printed out during the startup past when the
loader seems to jump to the loaded kernel. If there is a way
to debug this somehow that will provide meaningful info to
the person working on this aspect, let me know. I am running
a multia box, and was trying to check out the ide interface
changes recently announced, to see if it would work now, as
I have a laptop ide drive installed in the box also.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net