Subject: Re: [Q] Keyboard support for TC Alphas.
To: Takuya Koumoto <takuya-k@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/08/1998 11:09:53
Excerpts from netbsd: 7-Jul-98 Re: [Q] Keyboard support fo.. Jason
Thorpe@nas.nasa.go (1493)

> ...I just took at look at integrating it, and before I do, I have a couple
> of suggestions:

I had a look at it too - here are some comments:

> 	(1) The code that interprets the lk201 scancodes... that should
> 	    be a table lookup, indexed by scancode, not a series of
> 	    if ... else if ... else if ...

The code emulates a PC keyboard, which is ... funny.
It should get an own lookup table. I see that the wskbd
translation code is not designed with LK201s in mind,
but it seems possible to use this anyway.
The keysym table should go to a place more related
to the hardware (probably sys/dev/dec).
For some wscons compatible keyboard handling you
can have a look at arch/vax/vsa/lkc.c; the lookup table is in
arch/vax/uba/qfont.c. (It bypasses the wskbd lookup for
now which should be changed eventually.)

How do you think about making the lk201 handling a
line discipline?

best regards
Matthias