Subject: Re: Support for new Samsung Alpha MBs ?
To: Adam W. Feigin <awf@feigin.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/02/1998 10:33:39
On Thu, 02 Jul 1998 08:58:26 +0200
 "Adam W. Feigin" <awf@feigin.com> wrote:

 > Is anyone working on (or considering) a port to the new Samsung Alpha
 > Motherboards ? They make an LX clone (but I dont know if it cames with
 > SRM software, or if the SRM for the DEC/Compaq LX can be loaded into the
 > Flash).

The LX clone should Just Work...

 > The more interesting bit would be the UX series ( to 800 Mhz CPU, 6
 > DIMM slots, 6 PCI/1 ISA, onboard Symbios 53c875 and DEC 21143 10/100
 > Ethernet ). These can be had today with a 533 Mhz alpha for  about $1500
 > !

..and I believe the UX is the same as the Digital Personal Workstation,
a.k.a. Miata, which -current supprts (at least partially; there are still
some problems I'm trying to work out).

 > The samsung page
 > http://www.usa.samsungsemi.com/products/browse/alphaboards.htm only
 > talks about NT, so I assume the boards only come with Alphabios.

...SRM for the equivalent DEC motherboard should work...

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939