Subject: Support for new Samsung Alpha MBs ?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam W. Feigin <awf@feigin.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/02/1998 08:58:26
Is anyone working on (or considering) a port to the new Samsung Alpha
Motherboards ? They make an LX clone (but I dont know if it cames with
SRM software, or if the SRM for the DEC/Compaq LX can be loaded into the
Flash).

The more interesting bit would be the UX series ( to 800 Mhz CPU, 6
DIMM slots, 6 PCI/1 ISA, onboard Symbios 53c875 and DEC 21143 10/100
Ethernet ). These can be had today with a 533 Mhz alpha for  about $1500
!

The samsung page
http://www.usa.samsungsemi.com/products/browse/alphaboards.htm only
talks about NT, so I assume the boards only come with Alphabios.

Any chance in the not too distant future ?

Please cc any replies to me directly, as I am not a subscriber!

/AWF