Subject: First-draft AlphaBook support
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/1998 22:33:45
Hi folks...

I just committed a first-draft at AlphaBook support; It was mostly a
copy-search-replace exercise, with some slight frobbing in the interrupt
mapping code...  The commit message:

 ----- snip -----
Very preliminary support for the Tadpole/DEC AlphaBook.  These are basically
AXPpci33 machines + power management and a Cirrus PCI-PCMCIA controller.

There is currently no support for the power management facilities, and
the PCI-PCMCIA controller driver needs some work, but this should boot
and run from disk.

As noted, it should Just Work if booted from disk.  (Or network!  Apparently
the SRM on these puppies understands how to talk to a 3Com 3c589 in a
PCMCIA slot!!)  The power management code isn't written, and the PCI-PCMCIA
controller driver doens't work yet.  I hope to address the latter Soon on
an i386 system.

If anybody has one of these things, please let me know so you can try it
out.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939