Subject: Re: Alpha 3000/800 Netbooting problems...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/1998 12:20:52
> I've aquired an old alpha 3000/800, currently running OSF1 1.3A or
> something I seem to remember from the motd.  First alpha I've ever had my
> hands on so not too experienced in the boot sequences
>   [ ... 3000/800 SRM fails to TFTP boot ... ]
> Is there a way to get the tftpd to log at all so I can see what's happening?
> Any suggestions?

It seems the SRM (console rom monitor) has infamaous TFTP/BOOTP bug.
The SRM last version I could do BOOTP (for NetBSD/alpha) was 6.4.  6.3
also did work.  You have to find out the SRM image (preferabley
CD-ROMs released by Digital) and the way to replace yours with it.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology