Subject: Re: speaking of 64-bit & packages...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/22/1998 17:04:24
On 22-Jun-98 Ross Harvey spoke unto us all:
# Most of the packages have never been tried on alpha. However, Tim R seems
# to be going through them, so that situation should change soon. I will
# probably also make a pass over the packages one of these days.
#

Just a note on this.  I am going through all the non-X pkgs first, and fixing
the ones that don't compile period.  My Second pass will be through the X
stuff, and then finally I will fiddle with some of the ones that make alot of
64bit noise.

I certainly cannot guarantee I will fix all the pkgs that work,but are unclean.
 My main goal is just to get them all *working*.  If anyone here compiles
something, and it goes less than cleanly, I implore you to take a few moments
and clean it up, and PR it. This would be of great benefit to everyone using
alpha right now.. And I'm just one guy with a multia.. It's going to take me
some time.  Some of the broken pkgs are hideously broken, and will take me a
*long* time to get working.  There are some other things I had wanted to work
on, and I haven't had much chance for those lately..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html