Subject: Re: making programs 64bit clean
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Seifert <seifert@sequent.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/19/1998 08:30:32
> Hope noone here minds my occasional
> brain picking until I get a better hang of some of this.

Not a problem.  Getting more stuff running on the Alpha
is well worth a few extra mail messages.

> While I'm in the process of doing all this compiling, should I go ahead and
> make the bin pkgs for them?  I'm on 6/10/98 current unfortunately, so I really
> can't make a 1.3.2 pkg.

I'd say the most important thing is to send any mods back to
the maintainer so that the next version will hopefully compile
cleanly right out of the box.

There used to be a spot on the netbsd site with patches,
it seems to be hiding from me today.  :-)  Assuming this
still exists it would be useful to post the mods there as well.

Binary distributions are nice to have, but most of us can type
"make" if we have to.  :-)

-Dave