Subject: Re: LoFI (DEcaudio) documentation?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/1998 12:43:31
On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Anyone know where to find documentation for writing a LoFi driver? I
> have a AV01B and external box (much thanks to David Curran) and I have
> the DEC Cambridge AF with source for an OSF/1 driver, but no actual
> info on the board, and nothing at all on the 5600 DSP chip.

Hmm... Motorola is more than happy to send out free manuals on the 56k to
anybody who asks.  Just fill out the form at
http://www.mot-sps.com/home/lit_ord.html -- the document number you want
is DSP56000UM/AD.

> ISTR someone said documentation was available. Could someone give me a
> refresher to it? (I looked for the archive cgd use to maintain, but
> that's gone.)

http://www.crl.research.digital.com/publications/\
  techreports/abstracts/93_9.html -- for the abstract

ftp://crl.dec.com/pub/DEC/CRL/tech-reports/93.9.ps.Z -- the paper

I've got a copy at http://www.reed.edu/~agrier/93.9.ps.gz as well...

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  DECBEE65 0DEE3A0C 1ED7F54D 9E023CC4 and 0x0663D1A9 at a server near you.