Subject: Re: Processor correctavke error?
To: Michael T. Stolarchuk <mts@rare.net>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/11/1998 15:06:44
> In message <25122.897600804@dnaunix.pa.dec.com>, "Chris G. Demetriou" writes:
> >Are they actually EB164s?  (I doubt it.)  If they have the Pyxis
> >chipset, you probably want to be running NetBSD-(very-)current on them...
> >(If you're not, I could believe you're seeing the problem you
> >mention.)
>
> That's what the kernel says when its boots up.

Unless you're running relatively -current, i'm not sure I'd believe
that.  Anyway, the question is still outstanding: what version of
NetBSD are you running on those systems?

Also, what other information (esp. re: 'cia') do they print out at
boot time?

> i've got about
> eight of the 533 mhz 164xl motherboards... what's the way to tell
> about the chipset?

'show dev' or 'info' might help, at the console prompt.  I forget all
the tricks -- it's been a while.

> good i'll get the architecture manuals out, and then see what
> stack frame's look like, then see if i can hunt down the stack.

I would strongly suggest you try a -current kernel on the boxes before
you do any serious amount of work like this.

cgd