Subject: Re: Processor correctavke error?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <>
From: Michael T. Stolarchuk <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/11/1998 17:47:04
In message <>, "Chris G. Demetriou" writes:
>Are they actually EB164s?  (I doubt it.)  If they have the Pyxis
>chipset, you probably want to be running NetBSD-(very-)current on them...
>(If you're not, I could believe you're seeing the problem you

That's what the kernel says when its boots up. i've got about
eight of the 533 mhz 164xl motherboards... what's the way to tell
about the chipset?

>well, ra and sp are good choices, but those will first take you
>through the kernel trap handlers, etc.  The information you really
>want is the stuff "above" the machine-check handler invocation, which
>ddb's trace facility probably won't be able to give you easily.

good i'll get the architecture manuals out, and then see what
stack frame's look like, then see if i can hunt down the stack.

i've done stack unwinding code on ibm-rt's before... how bad is ddb
wrt adding code to try and unravel the trap?