Subject: Re: g77 with -p option anyone?
To: naohiko shimizu <nshimizu@et.u-tokai.ac.jp>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/10/1998 00:17:41
On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, naohiko shimizu wrote:

> I'm new to NetBSD and I want my AS200 4/100 to work as a numeric server
> in my home (don't laugh, fastest machine in my home was 487SX-25).
> I compiled g77-0.5.23 with gcc-2.8.1 under the NetBSD 1.3.2, it seems work
> properly unless I tried to compile with -p option.
> With -p option program raises Segmentation violation fault before the
> MAIN__() called. I traced with gdb, but I could not understand the behavior,
> it seems that set_signal function call may corrupt the return stack?
>
> Anyone there already resolve the problem?

	NetBSD is working towards using egcs instead of gcc - you might
	want to try the ecgs package from pkgsrc:
	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/packages.html
	(I do not currently use the alpha port myself, so cannot be of any
	direct help).

> BTW, I think I can contribute a performance patch for some of the
> libm functions that I already contributed to GNU project(glibc).
> That acceralates functions such as sin, cos, pow fucntions about 30% in my box.
> Is there someone who interested in this patch?

	We would definitely be interested in any such patches :)

	Thanks!

		David/absolute

                  -=-  and team B will be... Kenny.  -=-