Subject: Re: Multia repair
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/09/1998 01:50:18
[ On Mon, June 8, 1998 at 19:46:05 (-0700), Ross Harvey wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Multia repair
> > From Mon Jun  8 15:51:13 1998
> > From: Wilko Bulte <>
> > What I did to my NoName: unscrew the heatsink, drill a couple of holes,
> > find some long screws and a small fan (like found in older Apple Macs)
> > and put this on the CPU. It now only gets lukewarm to the touch.
> OK, but a word of warning: a torque spec applies so unless you have or
> can borrow a calibrated torque nutdriver you might not want to do this.
> If the only purpose of the torque spec is to avoid stripping the aluminum
> nuts then, well, big deal...but we don't know...

If there were only one nut then I'd be certain that a torque spec were
only to avoid stripping the threads in such an application, but with two
I'd be a bit concerned that not matching the torque on both might unduce
some undue stress on the package, which may not be very good for it.

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>