Subject: Re: Multia repair
To: None <joe@mediaone.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/08/1998 12:54:39
On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Joseph Sarkes wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea whether the cpu is cooled well enough without airflow
> from the power supply (removed from the case with only the power supply leads
> connected) as when i did this before, the cpu heatsink got very hot.

I'd think it would be ok if you don't run it for too long. I've
found the CPU heatsink always to get very hot; even with a 3" fan
blowing directly through it on my AXPpci33s, it's too hot to touch
for more than a second or two with bare skin.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates