Subject: Re: Multia repair
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/07/1998 22:34:45
Hmmm, upon further visual inspection i find that the board on top
is a little discolored, and also there is a brown burnt spot on the
top of the E215 chip... Likely this is my problem also. I don't find
the chip in the future or newark catalogs so it may be weird enough
that it isn't a normal stock item (or it could possibly be available
and just not in the catalog). I will call tomorrow to see if i can
get small quantities for a reasonable price and replace it. If it
fixes my box I will be all set. Is there a different series of logic
ics that will replace the F part with lower power consumption? I haven't
used any of the newer high speed advanced cmos parts, but they seem to be
in the same ballpark as the F parts with lower power dissipation. I will
dig out my databooks myself, but if someone already is familiar with this
and knows for certain that there is/is not a lower power same speed grade
part it would be nice.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net