Subject: Re: Multia repair
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/07/1998 22:16:12
I also have a multia that is starting to be flakey, and measured the
resistor packs with a fluke. The resistors all read fine, no variations
between any section, so i suspect a different part is failing. I will look
at the E215 part but since i haven't had the unit open while operating/failing
i have no idea what actual part is causing the system to lock up.
Does anyone have any idea whether the cpu is cooled well enough without airflow
from the power supply (removed from the case with only the power supply leads
connected) as when i did this before, the cpu heatsink got very hot.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net