Subject: RE: Alpha problems
To: Tim Rightnour <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/05/1998 16:15:12
On 05-Jun-98 Tim Rightnour spoke unto us all:
# Tried to compile tcsh.  It began building, got to the first .c file, then
# bombed out.  Said there was no /usr/libexec/cpp.  I copied it over, restarted
# the build.  It then seemingly hung.  I suspended the build, and did a ps, to
# find about *500* /usr/libexec/cpp 's being run.  Not wanting to trash my nice
# new disk.. I killed the make and they all went away.

Well, stupid me.. /usr/bin/cpp is a shell program that calls /usr/libexec/cpp..
Which still leaves me with the question, where did the real one go?

Tim Rightnour    -