Subject: NetBSD 1.3.2 just released
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/29/1998 18:48:18
I am forwarding the 1.3.2 release announcement with a couple of alpha-related
annotations.

> From: "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@NetBSD.ORG>
> To: netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: NetBSD 1.3.2 released
>
> The NetBSD project is pleased to announce the release of NetBSD 1.3.2.
>
> This release fixes bugs found in the 1.3 and 1.3.1 releases --
> including recently discovered security holes in BIND and other
> software.  We urge users on the Internet to upgrade their systems.
>
> This release also updates our version of The X Window System from
> XFree86 release 3.3.1 to XFree86 3.3.2, with security patches.
>

> The release binaries and source are in the usual location, at:
>
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.2/
>
> For a complete list of changes since 1.3.1 (not including X and purely
> installation-related changes), see:
>
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.2/CHANGES-1.3.2
>
> For a patch containing all of the changes since 1.3.1 (not including
> X), see:
>
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.2/source/patches/diff-1.3.2.gz
>

> Shar and enjoy.

GENERAL NOTES:

	The 1.3.2 release of NetBSD/alpha is available now, with
	NetBSD/alpha binary sets and other alpha-specific release
	engineering provided by Chris Demetriou (!) himself.

	In the 1.3.2 release sets, the toolchain sources are
	separated out as usual but the binaries are in the comp.tgz
	set and install into the usual locations, mostly into
	/usr/bin.

IF YOU ARE RUNNING ONE OF THE 199804XX BINARY SNAPHOTS:

	You should think twice before loading the release. NetBSD
	1.3.2 is really NetBSD 1.3 with some selected bug fixes
	added, so you will be reverting the kernel and anything
	compiled under the snapshot will probably not run under a
	1.3 kernel and will need to be rebuilt from source.

	However, 1.3.2 has a complete X build and so you might want
	to load the x*.tgz sets. Also, the installation instructions
	in the 1.3.2 release apply to the release and the snapshots.
	(As usual, this means X clients and programming tools; only
	the Multia TGA is supported as a server.)

IF YOU WANT A CD:

	Guess what? There is going to be a NetBSD 1.3.2 CD, eta, 2 weeks.
	Stay tuned or check in on www.netbsd.com.

IF YOU DID NOT GET THE ANNOUNCEMENT:

	echo subscribe netbsd-announce | mail majordomo@netbsd.org

--Ross