Subject: Strange build failures
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/28/1998 19:18:59
This is -current from to-day, but I've seen it before.

Here's the output from `make build DESTDIR=/usr/obj':

---[SNIP]---
depend ===> alpha
all ===> alpha
install ===> alpha
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 crt0.o gcrt0.o crtbegin.o crtend.o  /usr/obj/usr/lib
install: crt0.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
zsh: 10607 exit 1     make build DESTDIR=/usr/obj
---[SNIP]---

The file exists, and if I run the command by hand, everything is okay:

lart:/usr/src# cd lib/csu/alpha
lart:/usr/src/lib/csu/alpha# install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 crt0.o gcrt0.o crtbegin.o crtend.o  /usr/obj/usr/lib
lart:/usr/src/lib/csu/alpha#

WTF is going on here?

--
Brian Cully						<shmit@erols.com>
``And when one of our comrades was taken prisoner, blindfolded, hung