Subject: Re: multia ide drives
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/20/1998 17:46:15
On Wed, 20 May 1998 14:12:24 -0700 (PDT)
 Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com> wrote:

 > > Oh, right. "Forget what I said!"
 >
 > At least, forget what I said about the pciide interrupt routing. But we do
 > support IDE on an identical intel sio on the eb164, so it's a matter of
 > untangling the interrupts (probably) to get it to go on the multia.

It should be just an ISA IRQ... I'm 99% certain the IDE on the multia
is NOT implemented in the SIO, but rather in the SMC super-i/o chip that
also has the serial, parallel, and floppy controllers (just like the chip
found in many PCs).

Even if the interrupts didn't work, we should be able to communicate
with the drive in polling mode, which is what autoconfiguration uses
anyhow.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939