Subject: Re: egcs-1.0.3
To: Wada Tatsuaki <wada@faraday.ee.ibaraki.ac.jp>
From: Magnus Enbom <dot@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/19/1998 11:49:16
On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 11:26:31AM +0900, Wada Tatsuaki wrote:
> I'd like to run a C++ STL program on my NetBSD-Alpha.
>
> I'm using egcs-1.0.2 with Paul Anderson's patch, but it sometimes failed with floating point exceptions.

Haven't seen that, but I do get cc1 to die with SIGABRT sometimes, when
compiling /sys/arch/alpha/alpha/machdep.c for example.

> Could someone tell us current status of egcs-1.0.3(a) on NetBSD-Alpha?
>
> Does it still not support NetBSD-Alpha?
> If not, can we get a patch for?

I've applied Paul Anderson's 1.0.2-patch "by hand" to the egcs-1.0.3a-sources,
and sucessfully built a compiler that sort of works. I've built ssh, tcsh,
libc and a kernel, everything execpt the kernel works fine. The same kernel
built with 1.0.2 works.

/.