Subject: Re: multia ide drives
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/14/1998 20:58:55
Jason Thorpe writes:

> On Thu, 14 May 1998 20:41:45 +0300 (EET DST)
>  Mika Kortelainen <k125374@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
>
>  > Actually, there is an IDE controller on the motherboard in UDB.
>  > Usually it isn't used but I've heard some do use it (with Linux,
>  > I think).
>
> Yah, if a drive is installed, NetBSD/alpha -current and 1.3 should
> find it.

I have a 3Gb ide drive installed, and can get access to it using
linux or the arc console, but NOT via netbsd, it just doesn't show
up. I figured that it would be a generic ide, but perhaps it is an
unconfigured pci?? If so, how do i make netbsd set up the ide
port for access? If not, what do i have to enable to have netbsd
find it?

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net