Subject: multia ide drives
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/14/1998 12:16:05
Is there actual support for the ide controller in the multia?
I don't see it being recognized by the kernel when it boots,
although i can access the ide drive using linux on the same
machine. (I realize i won't be able to boot this drive, but I
have a 3Gb ide drive and a 540M scsi so there is a big benefit
to being able to use it.) Also, is the floppy drive supported
at all yet? Perhaps by doing something "odd" with port assignments?

On a side note, thanks to whoever it was that put up the alpha
snapshot of current, it worked fine (except for the security
part that has been fixed) and allowed me to finally build the
entire current source tree for a change. Well done.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net