Subject: Re: AXPpci33 Install floppy panic
To: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/05/1998 10:39:07
On Tue, 5 May 1998, Stan Pietkiewicz wrote:

> I keep getting a panic when the NetBSD/alpha 1.3 install floppy
> appears to detect a second (non-existent) vga card in my AXPpci33. Is
> this possibly related to a "**mouse error**" message on the monitor right
> after "initializing keyboard", or is something else broken?
>
> BTW, I get the mouse error message whether or not I've got the mouse
> plugged in to the first serial port.

Probably not. The mouse should certainly not go into the first
serial port on an SRM system; that's the serial console. Normally
the mouse would be plugged into the PS/2 mouse port; I don't know
if there's a connector for it on systems with the AT keyboard
connector rather than the PS/2 keyboard connector.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates