Subject: bad resistor packs on Multia/UDB
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Seifert <seifert@sequent.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/27/1998 10:37:47
I checked out my two dead Multias yesterday, and the 4.7k resistor
packs seem okay, except one pack has one pin at 3.19k instead of 4.7.
My date codes are 9442 and 9442C.

There are 6 other resistor packs (E203, E204, E205) labeled:

29366-01
H58-000
B 9448  (or 9449)

I get a variety of readings: shorts, opens, 5-6 MOhm, 10-12 MOhm.
>From the markings I'm guessing they are supposed to be 5.8 MOhm?
Mine are so flaky I can't even figure out what configuration they
are supposed to be.  (The 4.7k packs appear to have 19 resistors with
pin 20 common.)

Anyone know what configuration these packs are supposed to be
and where to get replacements?

-Dave (not looking forward to replacing surface mount devices...)