Subject: Re: Trouble booting on Multia
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/23/1998 17:46:11

That part seems to be available from Marshall Industries (www.marshall.com).

> 623 functions in other families will work, of course, but I agree that
> I've volunteered to put this fix into a particular dead multia, so as
> soon as I get it I'll post some part numbers for the resistor
> network...  those are very easy to buy, as it happens. For some reason,
> Digi-Key carries every kind of modern resistor, but only the most
> popular logic IC's.  Without even seeing that network, I would bet
> money that www.digi-key.com has a compatible part.  Certainly 4.7K is
> about the most popular value, and there aren't _that_ many different
> package types.

Marshall have only a very few members of the 4820P- series networks by
Bourns, and not the particular 4820P-002-472 we need, and they're
listing a lead time of 56 days to ship on the ones they do have!

Avnet have them, but in minimum qty 2000, and stock status is "call".:

    http://www.hh.avnet.com/parts_master/query.html

The www.Bourns.com website lists a few more distributors in this area
so I'll keep looking....

In theory one could order a bag of samples direct from Bourns.  I have
three (one still lives, for now, knock on wood) machines to try to fix
though, so that's sort of beyond the "sample" status....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>