Subject: Re: Trouble booting on Multia
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/22/1998 23:22:31
> From: woods@most.weird.com (Greg A. Woods)
> Unfortunately I can't find replacement restistor packs, nor the
> 74ABT623, in my Canadian. Digi-Key, Electrosonic, or Future-Active
> catalogues, nor in the on-line digi-key catalogue.  Electrosonic's
> on-line catalogue is still useless for searching.
>
> The only resister packs listed in the 4800 series are 4814- and 4816-.
>
> Unfortunately there's no 74ABT version of the 74F623 on the NS/Farchild
> WWW page either.
>
> I'll check around at one of my client's (an electronics R&D firm)
> tomorrow for more sources.... but any other hints would be appreciated!

TI makes it, the exact part number (assumming its the soic) is:

	SN74ABT623DW

I'm not sure how one would buy small qty's of TI stuff, though.

623 functions in other families will work, of course, but I agree that
74ABT will have a very nice combination of slow slew rate (that's good,
actually), reasonable propagation delay, high drive, and reasonable
power (heat) dissipation.

I've volunteered to put this fix into a particular dead multia, so as
soon as I get it I'll post some part numbers for the resistor
network...  those are very easy to buy, as it happens. For some reason,
Digi-Key carries every kind of modern resistor, but only the most
popular logic IC's.  Without even seeing that network, I would bet
money that www.digi-key.com has a compatible part.  Certainly 4.7K is
about the most popular value, and there aren't _that_ many different
package types.

-Ross