Subject: Re: Trouble booting on Multia
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/21/1998 23:48:36
On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> As Jason Thorpe wrote...
> > On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:20:24 -0400
> >  "Johnny C. Lam" <lamj@stat.cmu.edu> wrote:
> >
> >  > 	Does anyone have a guess at what the problem might be?
> >
> > Sounds like your Multia ate itself.  Every one I've seen has died
> > eventually.
>
> >From my experience the Multia gets too hot, especially when flat on the
> table. It seems putting it in another case with better cooling might help.
> OK, you loose the neat little box..

Indeed, the two major killers of Multias seem to be heat and (now
explained plausably ('resistor packs')) 'conductive dust causing
shorts'.

For people who want their Multia to live, I strongly recommend
(speaking from experience :-) using it with the accompanying vertical
stand, which improves cooling to the necessary level.

--
Soren