Subject: Re: Trouble booting on Multia
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/20/1998 20:32:12
At 02:51 PM 4/20/98 -0700, Ross Harvey wrote:
>And instead of buying Multias, my recommendation for a minimum price
>systems is that you get an AXPPCI33. Same price, same speed, same
>processor, but much greater reliability and a standard form factor.

Curious: How does an AXPpci33 compare in speed with, say, an Amiga 3000 (25
MHz)?

I mean, obviously it's much faster. Is it fast enough to be "perky"? Is it
"ok"? How would it's speed be described?

Hmmm, gotta love subjective questions.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/