Subject: Re: NetBSD on an AS4100?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/15/1998 07:32:38
The Alpha 4100 changes were checked in last night. They should
be in sup by tomorrow if they aren't there today. It seems to
work pretty well- there are only two bugs that I know of:

	A) PCI cards that present a bridge to the PCI bus and have
	multiple devices then on the new PCI bus created that
	end up having different device drivers or device driver
	instances can't attach interrupts. I think the only card
	that does this that I know of is the Znyx 4 port 100BaseT
	card.

	B) For some reason, a config file with *only* KN300 support
	in it hangs on boot.

I'll be working on both over the next month, but on a lower priority.

I can build you a GENERIC kernel if you'd like- beyond that, I
probably can't be too much help to get you going on the 4100- but
I would love to hear some feedback.