Subject: Re: Anyone working on an unencumbered toolchain?
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/08/1998 13:02:01
On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Ross Harvey wrote:

> > Hi!
> > Is someone working on unencumbered toolchain for
> > NetBSD/alpha? If I remember old postings long ago
>
> Thanks for your offer, any help would be appreciated. Here is my
> understanding of the issue.
> The desired end result is to fill out the assignment paperwork and get
> the modules integrated in the official binutils. That is, there isn't
> much point in doing the work if the end result is just the technical
> side of the integration. We can't do the assignment for you, because
> the author has to sign something that says he did original work.

I'm willing to help, also.  I have a background in OS's, compilers,
parsers and long use of gcc/g++, but little porting background of gcc.

I posses and have looked at the sources for the linux version, and also for
the toolchain version for the files listed in the original message, but
don't remember anything of significance from them, other than the fact
that the Linux setup files seemed more detailed.

Paul

| Paul Anderson           Public Data Queries, Inc.    |
| pha@pdq.com             734-213-4964(W) 994-3734(H)  |