Subject: Samsung Boards
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/27/1998 09:25:27

I don't know if this is public knowledge. If yes just press 'n' ;-)

At CeBit fair I stumbled on some Alpha Boards done by Samsung.

These call AlphaPC 164 {LX,BX,UX}

All Boards support 21164 processors (LX up to 600 Mhz, others up to 800 Mhz).
They all have a 21174 core logic chip.
The UX board has a SymBios 53C875 UW-SCSI Controller on board and a
DEC 21143 Ethernet controller.
BX and UX have 64Bit PCI slots.

On that product sheets that I have here they write for BX and UX :
'Software Features: Linux (optional)'
While for the LX it is:
' Win NT Alpha Bios Firmware,
NT os
SRM firmware (OPTION)

Documentation: 164 LX Technical Reference.

I asked a guy at the booth about documentation for (sup)porting NetBSD on
these boards (I think they had a complete system including case etc.
for < $3000). He said that he is one of those Linux on Alpha guys, but that
we (=NetBSDies) could get Documentation.

Address is:

Quant-X Service & Consulting

Hope this was interesting to someone ...

          See <a href="">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
Two signs from a Majorcan shop entrance:
                - English well talking.
                - Here speeching American.