Subject: Re: scc.c changes for TC machines, (also dialin/dialout)
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/22/1998 00:20:59
On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 00:25:11 -0800 (PST)
 Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

 > I've committed another batch of merges of the scc driver.
 > I've verified they work on a pmax and stared very hard at the
 > results (before and after changes) after C preprocessing.
 > I don't _think_ I broke anything, but if console or serial
 > code breaks on TC alphas tomorrow, it's probably my fault.

"Ack."  I sort of wish you'd run them by an Alpha port developer
(perferably one that actually has TC alpha hardware, such as myself :-).

Well, it won't matter, since the Alpha copy of the scc driver is going
away in a day or two anyhow.

 > PS: the dialin/dialout changes discussed on tech-kern got committed
 > just before.  If you're using scc ports for dialout, be *very* careful
 > to setup dialout devices and use them!

As per the mail on tech-kern, "you can still use the old method of setting
O_NONBLOCK".