Subject: RE: Cheap systems with DU?
To: port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kent Franken <franken@macatawa.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/09/1998 08:47:24
How do I remove my name from this list?

Kent Franken
franken@macatawa.org

----------
From:  Jon Buller[SMTP:jonb@metronet.com]
Sent:  Saturday, March 07, 1998 9:14 AM
To:  port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG
Subject:  Cheap systems with DU?

I've got a question that I think is impossible, but I wanted to
make sure...

I'm a grad student with very limited funds, and I've been dealing
with a couple of old Symbolics machines at school.  I'd like to
run some of the stuff on OpenGenera, but I'll need an Alpha running
Digital Unix to do it.

It's possible that I'll be able to port some of the stuff to CMUCL.
It is a bit longer shot, but I might be able to port Open Genera
to NetBSD/Alpha.  (Or perhaps it may be possible to run it under
NetBSD if the emulation is good enough.)

To do any of this, it would be *very* handy if I had a machine to
run Open Genera on.  I might be able to get the University to get
it for me if an academic license is cheap enough, but that is
questionable.  Anyway, this brings me to the question, Does anyone
know where I can get a real cheap alpha/Digital UNIX system?

Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>