Subject: NetBSD 1.3 probs? upgrade to -current?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <dillema@acm.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/23/1998 15:07:37
Hi,

I have a UDB running NetBSD-1.3, configured as a little fileserver for
some intel-machines. Lately, I've experienced some problems with unzipping/
untarring large tarballs (>50MB). I vaguely remember an important bug-report
on this mailing list, but fail to remember its exact contents or retrieve
the mail in question. The system has been running pretty stable for the rest
since early Januari. I just wonder, is it wise to upgrade to -current. I'd
like this system to remain stable, and don't have a lot of room for testing
and experimenting on this machine. Could somebody give me an idea on the
stability of -current for the alpha. I can live with this fileserver being
off-line for a couple of days to sup, build, re-sup untill I got a working
stable system again. But after that I definately need it up-and-running
again...

CU

Feico Dillema.