Subject: Re: status of ncr 53c810 scsi adapter?
To: Charles Lepple <clepple@foo.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/19/1998 11:48:47
Charles Lepple writes:
> What is the current status of the code for the 53c810? I keep seeing
> references to how it is buggy, and that it occasionally doesn't work.
>
> Essentially, I am trying to get an estimate of the percentage of uptime
> I would have with a UDB with said SCSI adapter :-)

The driver's reliability is bimodal. On a machine/disk combo on which
it works, it is nearly 100% reliable. On a machine/disk combo on which
it does not work, it will fail to work for more than a few seconds to
few minutes. You will not operate the thing for several weeks only to
have a failure -- you'll know very fast if you have trouble.

Perry